DEEPENING YOUR YOGA PRACTICE
WITH REBECCA BRADLEY & RISHIN PAONASKAR
10-11 SEPTEMBER , 8-9 OCTOBER, 5-6 NOVEMBER, LIVE ONLINE
Loving your weekly yoga class but wishing it was longer? Keen to introduce a home practice to your daily schedule but unsure where to start? Considering training to become a yoga teacher but lacking the confidence? Then join us for this unique live online course with regular Yogarise teachers, Rebecca Bradley and Rishin Paonaskar as they take you on a journey through all that is yoga, taking your practice beyond asana.
Over the course of 3 w/e’s this course offers you the opportunity to take your yoga practice deeper.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
It is ideal for Yoga students who want to gain more understanding of topics that aren’t often covered in regular weekly classes. Whether you want to complete further training or just for personal development then his course will empower you to gain more awareness of your body, breath, and mind.
It is ideal for all participants to have a minimum of 12 months of regular class attendance/experience with a suitably qualified yoga teacher. Participants are welcomed from all yoga backgrounds.
WHEN + WHERE?
The course will take place Saturdays 9.30 - 17.30 and Sundays 9.30 - 17.30 , Live Online on the following dates:
10/11 September 2022
8/9 October 2022
5/6 November 2022
The days will run 9.30-17.30 with plenty of time for breaks. You will have access to each day's recording for 1 month, allowing you to repeat the practices as often as you wish.
STRUCTURE OF EACH WEEKEND
Each day will begin with a led asana practice based on that day's theme. Each practice will include a visit to the Asana lab, where peak and often complex poses are broken down to ensure they are fully understood, offering modifications so everything is achievable. The sessions will finish with guided relaxation and appropriate meditation.
The mid-morning lectures will cover history, philosophy, and the subtle body. The afternoons will include practical sessions delving deeply into different breathing exercises and kriyas. Each day will finish with a calming, quietening Yin, Nidra, or restorative practice.
Each day has plenty of time for Q&A, journaling, and group discussion.
Over the course of the 3 weekends/6 sessions, we will look at
- The history and philosophy of yoga and how it applies to everyday life.
- The power of the breath - simple breathing and pranayama techniques.
- Relaxation techniques: Restorative yoga and yoga Nidra ( deep rest).
- Meditation and mindfulness practices and how they can help you to feel more grounded and calm.
- Yoga beyond the physical- a look at the subtle body and the other ‘8 limbs.’
- Establishing a self-practice or deepening your home practice. We will look at sequencing yoga postures and other practices to make the most of your time on your mat.
Live online sessions will include:
- Asana and breathing practices.
- Meditation, mindfulness, and yoga Nidra.
- Group discussions.
- Lectures and teacher-led discussions.
- Small group work.
This is not a self-study course but is delivered Live Online although sessions will be recorded if you can’t make one.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
By the end of the 6 sessions you will have had an opportunity to:
- Develop and maintain your own personal home practice and integrate self-practice into your daily life.
- Understand the historical context of yoga.
- Gain confidence working on breathing, meditation, mindfulness, and relaxation techniques on your own.
- Explore one of the classic texts on Yoga, the Yoga Sutras, and see how it remains relevant to today's yogi.
Meet the Teachers
The full course ( 6 days) is £499 ( Early Bird until 12 August £449**)
Payment plans are available on request.
Students that complete this immersion and decide they wish to join the YTT will receive a £100 discount on the price of the YTT.
Please email YTT@yogarise.london for more information or any questions about the course.
(**early bird not to be claimed in conjunction with any other offer )
Yoga is a transformational journey so join us and see where the journey takes you.