- Terms and conditions
- You will need to have a regular yoga practice (ideally for 3 years) to be accepted.
- Track record of attending yoga classes might be required.
- Reference from a teacher to support your application might be required.
During the training:
- In case of sickness or unforeseen circumstances that might stop you from completing the course on time the options of catching up will be given, however, additional charges might apply.
- The students are expected to practice daily during the training unless advised otherwise.
- To receive a certificate you will need to be in attendance for all modules of the training
- In case of sickness or unforeseen circumstances that might stop you from completing the course on time the options of catching up will be given, however, additional charges will apply
- Students are expected to practice daily during the training unless advised otherwise
- To receive a certificate you will need to have been present on all modules – or paid for catch up modules. You will need to have paid all fees. And you will need to meet the standards as set by Erin Prichard (Lead Teacher) and Elodie Frati (Anatomy).
- Exams, class observations, class assists, and practising classes are not included in the allocated training hours
- Students are expected to make at least one class/teacher observation between the intensive part of the training and the London modules.
- The deposit of £500 must be paid on acceptance to secure your place.
- The balance is payable by installments / a payment plan or in one payment
- We reserve the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their full fees before the start of the course.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide a certificate of completion to students who have not paid their full fees.
Training fee includes:
- Training and assessment by an approved Yoga Alliance Professionals Trainer (SYT)
- 2 week stay at Talalla Retreat in Sri Lanka, 3 meals daily, deluxe accommodation
- A huge 190+ contact hours of integrated education about teaching methodology, anatomy, philosophy and history of yoga approved by Yoga Alliance Professionals UK
- Teacher Training Manual
- 1 month unlimited of yoga at any Yogarise studio, to be taken before graduation
- The opportunity to observe and assist regular classes at Yogarise and with your Yogarise teaching mentor
- After graduating, the opportunity to teach at least one month’s worth of PAID weekly community classes at Yogarise Peckham, Yogarise Streatham or Yogarise Covent Garden and to appear on the Yogarise website and social media
- Upon graduating, the chance to teach for Yogarise partners, for example Sweaty Betty East Dulwich and CARAS
Training fee doesn’t include:
- Flights + Sri Lanka Visa
- Transportation to venues in London
- Travel insurance (which is compulsory)
- Additional meals outside of daily allowance in Sri Lanka
- Additional fees associated with London-based training (transport, food etc)
- Required reading material/books
2. Refund Policy
- If you cancel your booking within 2 weeks from the date of acceptance you will receive a full refund of your deposit.
- If Yogarise London cancels the training you will be given a full refund.
- If you want to cancel your booking after 2 weeks from the date of acceptance you will not receive a refund.
- Once training has commenced no refund will be given.
- Yogarise cannot be held responsible for reimbursing any uninsured flights and/or expenses should the retreat be changed or cancelled in the event of unforeseeable circumstances.
3. Complaints Procedure
If you are not happy with how the training is being conducted we would appreciate it if you could let us know about it right away. Your complaint will be considered a confidential matter.
Please contact the studio and we will arrange a meeting online, over the phone or in person (whichever is available).
If you would like to submit a written complaint please send it to YTT@yogarise.london or post it to our mailing address and we will respond within 24 hours of receiving your letter. If full answer to your query isn’t available immediately we will respond with the reasons and provide you with a timeframe by which a full answer is expected.
4. Training Etiquette
- Lateness: You are required to arrive at the studio on time for training to start. The Whatsapp group is not an appropriate place to let the studio know of any lateness. Should you be running late due to unforeseen circumstances, please contact Yogarise or Erin directly by phone.
- Phones: Mobile phones are not to be used during any classes or modules unless specifically requested (ie. to take a photo or video of a posture).
- Photos / video: You must ask permission from teachers and other trainees before taking photos/videos and /or sharing anything on social media
- Studio etiquette: Please ensure you leave the studio clean and tidy after your training has ended and during breaks. Remove all rubbish, place mats back as they were and clean any mugs/glasses.
- Illness procedure: Should you experience illness that prevents you from training, please contact the studio as soon as possible. We will inform the teacher and arrange a suitable time for hours to be made up, or send appropriate homework for you to complete. If required, Erin will be available to hold private catch-up sessions for an additional £60/hr.