- Terms and conditions
- You will need to have a regular yoga practice (ideally for 3 years) to be accepted.
- Track record of attending yoga classes might be required.
- Reference from a teacher to support your application might be required.
During the training:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to someone who has, or have been told to self isolate by the government, please do so. In cases of absence related to COVID-19 we will give you options to catch up, either by joining virtually if you are well enough to do so, or completing further assignments with your mentor
- In case of sickness or unforeseen circumstances that might stop you from completing the course on time the options of catching up will be given, however, additional charges will apply
- Students are expected to practice daily during the training unless advised otherwise
- To receive a certificate you will need to have been present on all modules – or paid for catch up modules. You will need to have paid all fees. And you will need to meet the standards as set by Erin Prichard (Lead Teacher) and Elodie Frati (Anatomy).
- Exams, class observations, class assists, and practising classes are not included in the allocated training hours
- The deposit of £500 must be paid on acceptance to secure your place.
- The balance is payable by installments / a payment plan or in one payment
- We reserve the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their full fees before the start of the course.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide a certificate of completion to students who have not paid their full fees.
Training fee includes:
- 2 week stay at Tallala Resort Sri Lanka, and 3 meals daily
- A huge 190+ contact hours of integrated education about teaching methodology, anatomy, philosophy and history of yoga approved by Yoga Alliance Professionals UK *this includes contact hours and self-study / class observations
- Teacher Training Manual
- 1 month unlimited of yoga at any Yogarise studio, to be taken before graduation
- The opportunity to observe and assist regular classes at Yogarise and with your Yogarise teaching mentor
- After graduating, the opportunity to teach at least one month’s worth of PAID weekly community classes at Yogarise Peckham, Yogarise Streatham or Yogarise Covent Garden
- Upon graduating, the chance to teach for Yogarise partners, for example Sweaty Betty East Dulwich and CARAS
Training fee doesn’t include:
- Travel to and from Sri Lanka, transfer from Columbo airport to Tallala Resort
- Visitor visa for Sri Lanka entry
- Travel insurance for the residential portion of the trip
- Transportation to venues in London
- Additional meals outside of daily allowance (3 meals per day) in Sri Lanka
- Additional fees associated with London-based training (transport, food etc)
- Required reading material/books
2. Refund Policy
- If you cancel your booking within 2 weeks from the date of acceptance you will receive a full refund of your deposit
- If Yogarise London cancels the training for any other reason than COVID-19 you will be given a full refund
- If Yogarise London cancels the training due to COVID-19 you will be given an opportunity to complete the training in some way
- If you want to cancel your booking after 2 weeks from the date of acceptance you will not receive a refund
- Once training has commenced no refund will be given
- Yogarise cannot be held responsible for reimbursing any uninsured flights and/or expenses should the retreat portion of the training be changed or cancelled in the event of unforeseeable circumstances or COVID-19. We recommend all students purchase travel insurance.
3. Complaints Procedure
If you are not happy with how the training is being conducted we would appreciate it if you could let us know about it right away. Your complaint will be considered a confidential matter.
Please contact the studio and we will arrange a meeting online, over the phone or in person (whichever is available).
If you would like to submit a written complaint please send it to YTT@yogarise.london or post it to our mailing address and we will respond within 24 hours of receiving your letter. If full answer to your query isn’t available immediately we will respond with the reasons and provide you with a timeframe by which a full answer is expected.
4. Training Etiquette
- Lateness: You are required to arrive at the studio on time for training to start. The Whatsapp group is not an appropriate place to let the studio know of any lateness. Should you be running late due to unforeseen circumstances, please contact Yogarise or Erin directly by phone.
- Phones: Mobile phones are not to be used during any classes or modules unless specifically requested (ie. to take a photo or video of a posture).
- Photos / video: You must ask permission from teachers and other trainees before taking photos/videos and /or sharing anything on social media
- Studio etiquette: Please ensure you leave the studio clean and tidy after your training has ended and during breaks. Remove all rubbish, place mats back as they were and clean any mugs/glasses.
- Illness procedure: Should you experience illness that prevents you from training, please contact the studio as soon as possible. We will inform the teacher and arrange a suitable time for hours to be made up, or send appropriate homework for you to complete. If required, Erin will be available to hold private catch-up sessions for an additional £60/hr.
- COVID-19 etiquette: We will observe all guidelines put forward by the government. We ask that you follow all studio procedures in London: bring your own mat to practice on, follow social distancing by leaving 2 metres around your mat, wear a mask when not practicing, wash hands or use hand sanitiser upon entering the studio and often throughout the day. Please bring your own mat and props, and be prepared to wear a mask in communal areas when not practicing or eating
- COVID-19 absence procedure: If you have symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to someone who has, or have been told to self isolate by the government, please do so. In cases of absence related to COVID-19 we will give you options to catch up, either by joining virtually if you are well enough to do so, or completing further assignments with your mentor
5. COVID19 precautions and procedures
Yogarise London will be maintaining the highest standard of cleanliness and abide by all Government Guidelines
- London Yogarise will follow social distancing guidelines at the studio. We have knocked down the wall between the two studios in Streatham so that there is ample space for 2m around each attendee and the teacher.
- Teacher trainees are required to bring and use their own mat.
- Yogarise have installed new sinks and multiple hand sanitiser stations for optimum hand-washing
- As any new regulations come out we will also be following those as well.
If there is a cancellation due to local lockdowns in Sri Lanka or England before the training commences we will postpone the teacher training to autumn 2022 with similar dates (around September/October time) in Sri Lanka. As there are so many unknowns we will also try to cope with issues as they come up, for example if we go into lockdown part way through the training being completed we could look into postponing some modules or doing them online. We are monitoring the situation very closely and will continue to do so as the training takes place to ensure we keep everyone safe while providing an excellent experience and training for you.