- Terms and conditions
- You will need to have a regular yoga practice (ideally for 3 years) to be accepted.
- Track record of attending yoga classes might be required.
- Reference from a teacher to support your application might be required.
During the training:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to someone who has, or have been told to self isolate by the government, please do so. In cases of absence related to COVID-19 we will give you options to catch up, either by joining virtually if you are well enough to do so, or completing further assignments with your mentor
- In case of sickness or unforeseen circumstances that might stop you from completing the course on time the options of catching up will be given, however, additional charges will apply
- Students are expected to practice daily during the training unless advised otherwise
- To receive a certificate you will need to have been present on all modules – or paid for catch up modules. You will need to have paid all fees. And you will need to meet the standards as set by Erin Prichard (Lead Teacher) and Elodie Frati (Anatomy).
- Exams, class observations, class assists, and practising classes are not included in the allocated training hours
- The deposit must be paid on acceptance to secure your place.
- The balance is payable by installments / a payment plan or in one payment.
- All course fees must be settled 8 weeks before the training commences.
- We reserve the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their full fees before the start of the course.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide a certificate of completion to students who have not paid their full fees.
Training fee includes:
- 2 week stay at Casa de Olas, Mexico and 3 meals daily. Breakfast only on the final day.
- A huge 190+ contact hours of integrated education about teaching methodology, anatomy, philosophy and history of yoga approved by Yoga Alliance Professionals UK *this includes contact hours and self-study / class observations
- Teacher Training Manual
- 1 month unlimited of yoga at any Yogarise studio, to be taken before graduation
- The opportunity to observe and assist regular classes at Yogarise and with your Yogarise teaching mentor
- After graduating, the opportunity to teach at least one month’s worth of PAID weekly community classes at Yogarise Peckham, Yogarise Streatham or Yogarise Covent Garden
- Upon graduating, the chance to teach for Yogarise partners, for example Sweaty Betty East Dulwich and CARAS
Training fee doesn’t include:
- Travel to and from Mexico.
- Transfer to/from the airport(s)
- Travel insurance for the residential portion of the trip
- Lunch and dinner during the ‘day off.’
- Spending money for any excursions/treatments during your stay in Mexico.
- Additional meals/drinks outside of daily allowance.
- Additional fees associated with London-based training (transport, food etc)
- Required reading material/books
- Any PCR tests required in the UK and/or Mexico.
- Refund Policy
- If Yogarise London cancels the training for any other reason than COVID-19 you will be given a full refund
- If Yogarise London cancels the training due to COVID-19 you will be given an opportunity to complete the training in some way
- Once training has commenced no refund will be given
- Yogarise cannot be held responsible for reimbursing any uninsured flights and/or expenses should the retreat portion of the training be changed or cancelled in the event of unforeseeable circumstances or COVID-19. We recommend all students purchase travel insurance.
- Training Etiquette
- Lateness: You are required to arrive at the studio on time for training to start. The Whatsapp group is not an appropriate place to let the studio know of any lateness. Should you be running late due to unforeseen circumstances, please contact Yogarise or Erin directly by phone.
- Phones: Mobile phones are not to be used during any classes or modules unless specifically requested (ie. to take a photo or video of a posture).
- Photos / video: You must ask permission from teachers and other trainees before taking photos/videos and /or sharing anything on social media
- Studio etiquette: Please ensure you leave the studio clean and tidy after your training has ended and during breaks. Remove all rubbish, place props/mats back as they were and clean any mugs/glasses.
- Illness procedure: Should you experience illness that prevents you from training, please contact the studio as soon as possible. We will inform the teacher and arrange a suitable time for hours to be made up, or send appropriate homework for you to complete. If required, Erin will be available to hold private catch-up sessions for an additional £60/hr.
- COVID19 precautions and procedures
Yogarise London will be maintaining the highest standard of cleanliness and abide by all Government Guidelines
- Teacher trainees are required to bring and use their own mat.
- Yogarise have installed new sinks and multiple hand sanitiser stations for optimum hand-washing.
- We will continue to observe all guidelines put forward by the government. We ask that you follow all studio procedures in London: bring your own mat to practice on, wash hands or use hand sanitiser upon entering the studio and often throughout the day. COVID-19 absence procedure: If you have symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to someone who has, or have been told to self isolate by the government, please do so. In cases of absence related to COVID-19 we will give you options to catch up, either by joining virtually if you are well enough to do so, or completing further assignments with your mentor
- Cancellation policy
We think that it is extremely unlikely that a student will begin the course and subsequently decide not to continue until graduation, however, we understand that in some circumstances this is not possible and students have no choice other than to leave. In this instance we will be unable to give you a certificate of graduation from the training. Please note your course fees are still due unless an exemption applies. If you feel for any reason unable to continue with the course you should e-mail YTT@yogarise.london as soon as possible.
As a student and/or graduate of the Yogarise Yoga Teacher Training course, we expect you to:
- adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the yamas and niyamas.
- be honest and straightforward in all your business and personal dealings;
- not to criticise other yoga teachers or any system of yoga;
- continue your yoga studies and personal practice on a regular basis;
- not to discriminate on grounds of race, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation;
- to respect your students’ beliefs and values;
- acknowledge the limitations of your skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment or direction.
- vow to uphold the standards of the teachings you have been given, and to maintain and promote the good name of yoga at all times and to accept that failure to do so may lead to the annulment of any accreditation obtained from Yogarise Teacher Training
- Grievance Procedure
We are dedicated to ensuring that all our trainee teachers enjoy the training experience and feel fully able to participate in all aspects of the learning. We are dedicated to ensuring that no student is treated less favourably than any other on grounds of race, religion, gender, age, or sexual orientation. We recognise that from time to time grievances may arise, and if they do, we are committed to ensuring that they are dealt with quickly and fairly.If you are not happy with how the training is being conducted and have a cause for concern we would appreciate it if you could let us know immediately. Your complaint will be considered a confidential matter.
Please contact YTT@yogarise.london to arrange a meeting online, over the phone or in person.
If you would like to submit a written complaint please send it to YTT@yogarise.london or post it to our mailing address and we will respond within 24 hours of receiving your letter. If a full answer to your query isn’t available immediately we will respond with the reasons and provide you with a timeframe by which a full answer is expected.
By accepting your place on the Yogarise YTT Mexico 2022 and settling the deposit you agree to the above terms.
We look forward to working with you,
The Yogarise Team